Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Graduate from an approved LPN nursing school.
- Successful completion of Pharmacology course preferred.
- Valid Connecticut LPN license.
- One year recent general/Med-Surg/Geriatric clinical experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR STAFF RELIEF OR INSTITUTIONAL DUTY:
LPN DUTIES under supervision of RN Supervisor include:
- Report to appropriate RN Supervisor upon beginning and end of shift.
- Perform all LPN duties, skills and activities mandated by the institution's Policies and Procedures under supervision of assigned supervising Registered Nurse.
- Report patient status to assigned supervisor.
- Record clinical notes according to the institution's policies.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE HOME:
SCOPE OF PRACTICE: LPN DUTIES FOR SKILLED CARE include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure the clients safety.
- Provide reality orientation.
- Establish a therapeutic relationship with the older person and the family and/or significant other.
- Use mutual decision making with the older adult and the family.
- Give general individual nursing care.
- Provide for physical and emotional comfort.
- Provide teaching for the older person and family.
- Assist older person with active and passive exercises.
- Administer medications per physician order (if trained and certified).
- Observe, evaluate and report significant changes in the older person's condition to family, doctor and office.
- Document all relevant findings.
- Plan, prepare and serve therapeutic diets to the client.
- Maintain clean environment for the client; clean up food and cooking areas.
- Maintain and safeguard equipment and supplies.
- Integrate care with other health services.
- Escort client to scheduled appointments.