GERIATRIC CARE MANAGER
LOIS MORRISSEY, RN, BSN, C.
CERTIFIED GERONTOLOGICAL NURSE AND GERIATRIC CARE MANAGER
GeronNursing & Respite Care, Inc.
GeronNursing Registry Northwest, Inc.
81 Main Street, P.O. Box 783
Sharon, CT 06069-0783
GeronNursing Registry Southwest, Inc.
P.O. Box 5053
Westport, CT 06881-5053
As a professional Gerontological Nurse and Geriatric Care Manager, Lois specializes in assisting older people and their families in meeting their long-term care arrangements.
Geriatric Care Manager Services provided:
- Answer any questions relating to health concerns, eligibility for assistance, and need for services;
- Perform home visits for care planning assessments to identify problems and suggest ways to cope with these concerns;
- Screen, arrange and monitor in-home care or other services;
- Provide crisis intervention;
- Act as liaison to families at a distance, follow-up on care plan adherence, and alerting family to any problems;
- Assist with moving an older person to or from hospital, retirement complex, assisted living communities, convalescent home or nursing home working with discharge planners and social workers;
- Advocate for the client and family providing consumer education;
- Offer counseling and support;
- Act as liaison to Doctors and other professionals;
- Provide information regarding guardianship, conservatorship, Advance Directives, and Living Wills;
- Review insurance, financial, legal or medical issues offering referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems and to conserve assets; and
- Provide information regarding availability of community services, quality and costs.
Please call GeronNursing Registries at: (860) 354-7698. Ask for Lois.